Would you like to hit some balls with Djokovic, Murray, Williams, Ivanovic, Bartoli or the Bryan Brothers? Well you can, for a price!
Believe it or not, the Sony Open is back, which means that Key Biscayne is about to start booming again! One of the top destinations on the island, the Ritz-Carlton on the Key will be hosting its fifth consecutive year in an unprecedented, intimate gathering of the world’s top tennis players. On March 18th, this highly sought after event gives just 24 amateur players the opportunity to test their skills in a Round Robin qualifying tournament in which the winners earn a chance to play against and alongside the top professionals….all for a cause! The matches will benefit First Serve Miami Youth Tennis Foundation.
Led by Grand Slam legend and Hall of Famer Cliff Drysdale, along with Tennis Director Mark Chellas and ESPN tennis analyst Darren Cahill, who all share court time and commentary throughout the event and Round Robin, the all-star lineup features:
- Novak Djokovic, won six Grand Slam titles and ranked number 2 in the world
- Andy Murray, 2013 Wimbledon Champion, 2012 Men’s Single Olympic Gold Medalist and US Open Champion
- Serena Williams, currently ranked number one single’s women player in the world and 17 time Grand Slam winner
- Ana Ivanovic, former number 1 singles player in the world and winner of the French Open
- Venus Williams, former number one singles player in the world
- Marion Bartoli, 2013 Wimbledon Champion and former number 1 single’s women French player
- Bryan Brothers, twin brothers and only double team in history to hold every major title, having won all for Grand Slams, Olympic Gold, all 9 Masters series titles, the Year-End Championships, Davis Cup and Wimbledon Championships during their careers.
The event, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. includes a cocktail reception provided by Finlandia Vodka and Chambord, passed hors d’oeuvres, exhibition matches with the top stars from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., a pro Round Robin, a “King of the Court” challenge match pitting the pros against the amateur Round Robin winners and much more. The action is open to the public by reservation and is limited. Tickets may be purchased by calling The Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center at (305) 365-4300 or contacting Mark Chellas at [email protected].
Tickets are as follows:
- $75 per person provides spectators tickets to view the exhibitions, quaff champagne and nosh hors d’oeuvres while they watch all the action.
- $750 per person provides entry to a Round Robin tournament, VIP seating, gift bag and court time and participation with Drysdale, Chellas, Cahill and top ATP players to qualify for two spots, giving local players the chance of a lifetime to play out points with the leading tennis pros.
- $1,500 per person includes entry to a Round Robin tournament, guaranteed hitting time against and alongside the top pros, VIP seating, gift bag and group photo opportunity.
- If nothing less than a sure thing is your style, $5,000 provides one VIP All Access Pass including one player entry in the Round Robin tournament, 15 minutes of guaranteed playing time against and alongside the top pros, VIP courtside seating, gift bags and individual meet-and-greet photo opportunity.
Proceeds from the fourth annual All-Star Charity Tennis Event will support First Serve Miami that helps economically and socially challenged youth learn tennis and valuable life skills by participating in free, affordable First Serve Miami tennis and education programs throughout the school year, as well as during the summer.
WANT THE HAUTEST ULTIMATE TENNIS VACATION?
For any tennis lover’s dream, book the Ultimate Tennis Dream package that includes airport transfers; Champagne upon arrival; welcome amenity; VIP access to the All-Star Tennis Charity Event on March 18th with guaranteed hitting time and meet-n-greet with the top pros; overnight accommodations in an oceanfront suite; breakfast daily; adult tennis clinic for two; one house private tennis lesson for two; and box seats to Sony Open for two. Rates starting from $5,999. Valid March 17th through March 21st, 2014. For reservations, please contact the hotel directly at (305) 365-4582.
The I Love Tennis package provides guests with overnight accommodations; breakfast daily; complimentary shuttle round trip from Crandon Tennis Center to resort; welcome amenity; meet-n-greet with Hall of Famer, Cliff Drysdale; tennis clinic for two daily and private tennis lesson for two daily. Rates starting from $999. Valid March 17th through March 30th, 2014. For reservations, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/keybiscayne or call (305) 365-4500.