Glamour was in full-swing last night at the 86th Academy Awards. Some of the most popular beauty brands found right here in the Bay Area were seen on celebs, who flaunted gorgeous glowing looks – from nails to face – on the red carpet and at a number of after parties. Here are a few of our favorite beauty looks:
Butter London Global Colour Ambassador, Katie Jane Hughes (who recently gave Haute Living the scoop on Butter London’s new launch), was on-hand to help beautify Kerry Washington and Maria Menounos. Take a look:
“Kerry had worn a similar red shade of lipstick for the London premiere of Django Unchained and loved it, so she wanted to recreate that lip colour for her Oscar nail look,” said Hughes.
Nail How To:
– To create the look to complement Kerry’s purple Jason Wu dress, Katie began by painting the nails with two coats of butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in La Moss as a base
– She then applied a layer of Nail Lacquer in Saucy Jack to make the nails a bit more red
– Katie finished the look with butter LONDON’s Matte Finish Shine Free Topcoat to make the nails look velvety.
Meanwhile, “Maria’s white Johanna Johnson gown was elegant and understated so she wanted her accessories to be bold and make a statement. Nails are a really important accessory when it comes to the red carpet so we decided to play them up with a chic chevron,” said Hughes.
Nail How To:
– Katie began by using butter LONDON’s Patent Gel Tops & Tails Basecoat
– She created a custom blend for the base shade using butter LONDON Nail Lacquers in Union Jack Black and Pearly Queen
– She then used butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Union Jack Black to create the outline of the chevrons on the tip of each nail, using a thin striping brush to achieve the thin line of lacquer
– The interior of the chevron was filled with butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Gobsmacked which created a contrast between the base shade and the chevron
– Katie completed the look with the butter LONDON Patent Gel Top & Tails Topcoat
Another Bay Area favorite luxury beauty brand, Jouer, also made it to the red carpet. Jouer has seen phenomenal success since hailing from Henri Bendel in New York two years ago. Now at select Nordstrom stores in the Bay Area, Jouer is taking on the global stage.
The gorgeous Miranda Kerr was wearing all Jouer to the Vanity Fair Oscars party last evening. Below is a breakdown of her glamorous look created by Celebrity Makeup Artist, Lisa Storey for Jouer Cosmetics
Her Inspiration: “To balance the sexy silver gown that fit Miranda so perfectly, I was inspired to keep a feeling of a fresh faced classic beauty. I loved the bright pops of coral and peach hues while keeping the eyes subtle and soft but still with a glamorous feel.”
“To begin, I prepped the skin with Jouer Anti-Aging Moisture Primer followed by Luminizing Moisture Tint in Golden. I applied Age-Repairing Perfecter no. 2 in Crème for more coverage where needed and Age-Repairing Brightener in Medium under the eye area.
On Miranda’s eyes I applied Crème Eyeshadow Crayons in Rococo over the lid, blending the outer corner with Crème Eyeshadow in Baroque. I dusted Powder Eyeshadow in Walnut in the crease and blended upward and outward. I lined the inner eye with Eye Definer in Chocolat, finishing her look with lashings of Everyday Effortless Mascara in Noir.
The brows were gently filled with Brow Definer in Cendre. For cheeks I patted Tint in Poppy on the cheeks, then after a light dust of Mineral Face Powder in Perle Naturel, I applied Mineral Powder Blush in Peach Bouquet.
I completed the look with Hydrating Lipstick in Grace.” – Lisa Storey