Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
This week we’ve featured the desk of Elena Severin, the national brand director of The Blend by Fred Segal. Severin has been part of the Fred Segal team since 2000, and since then she has developed thousands of custom fragrance recipes for the store’s clientele. She now is responsible for the brand’s a one-of-a-kind blending kit of pure perfume oils designed to create endless combinations of fragrances. Here is a look at the items on her haute, incredibly fragrant desk.
1) Photos of my family are on my desk to make me smile and remind me of what matters most. There is a photo of my husband and me, on our honeymoon in Paris, taken after our luggage was lost. We are still quite happy despite not having our belongings!
2) I keep a datebook that I write all of my appointments in. No matter how many dots I put on my iPhone calendar and on my computer, I must always write it down to remember.
3) I have several mechanical pencils scattered all over my desk – I can’t stand it when I can’t erase a cancelled appointment or mistake. I also auto correct if I write something down wrong.
4) My laptop is always on my desk and turned on to research brands, discover trends, learn about ingredients and of course, email!
5) The Blend by Fred Segal Volume 1 sits on my desk, as well as fragrance samples and bottled perfumes discovered on my travels. Whenever the inspiration comes, it is one of the best parts of my workday to play with them and find a great new scent.