Cheers to 2014 at Roka Akor! Guests at Roka Akor will have plenty of reason to celebrate this New Year’s Eve with special holiday tasting menus offered at both Chicago area restaurants. With locations in Chicago’s River North and Skokie’s Old Orchard Shopping Center, Roka Akor’s New Year’s Eve dinners make a chic and enchanting atmosphere to countdown to 2014.
A River North New Years: Ring in 2014 at Roka Akor Chicago (456 N. Clark St.) with one of two tasting menus featuring five succulent courses made with fresh seafood and select cuts of prime steak from Executive Chef Brett Vibber.
- First Revelers: Looking for a special dinner before heading on to other New Year’s plans? Between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m., guests can revel in the restaurant’s chic, vibrant dining room while enjoying five succulent courses crafted by Chef Vibber ($85). Menu Includes:
- First Course: Shrimp and Scallop Dumplings and Kampachi Carpaccio with Grapefruit, Shiso and Grilled Sunchokes
- Second Course: Three Pieces Modern Nigiri and Spicy Lobster Maki
- Third Course: Robata Grilled Sea Bass with Mussels Lemongrass Citrus Fumet
- Fourth Course: Prime New York Strip with Forest Mushrooms and Truffle Aioli and Aka Miso Glazed Baby Vegetables
- Fifth Course: Butternut Crème Brule with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Late Night Celebration: Guests who are looking to dine a little closer to the stroke of midnight can make reservations for 8 and 10 p.m., or opt for the second seating between 10:30 p.m. and midnight. Guests indulging in Chef Vibber’s special five-course dinner ($125) can add expertly selected wine and sake pairings to compliment each course for $40 per person. The dinner is inclusive of a celebratory glass of sparkling wine for the midnight toasting, this menu includes:
- First Course: Oyster Duo with Yuzu Granite, Lime, and Shiso and Tuna Tartare with Osetra Caviar and Lotus Root Chips Optional Wine Pairing: Argyle Brut, Williamette Valley, Oregon
- Second Course: Modern Nigiri and Premium Sashimi Platter Optional Wine Pairing: Domaine Sigalas Assyrtiko, Santorini, Greece
- Third Course: Grilled Lobster and Mussels with Lemongrass Citrus Fumet, House Cured ikura, Yuzu Koshu and Shaved Fennel and Celery Optional Wine Pairing: Dr Hermann Riesling Kabinnet, Urziger Wurzgarten, Mosel, Germany
- Fourth Course: Strube Ranch American Wagyu Rib Eye with King Trumpet Mushroom and Burgundy Truffle Optional Wine Pairing: Bodegas Muga Seleccion Especial, Rioja, Spain
- Fifth Course: Layered Chocolate cake with Chestnut and Chocolate Truffles Optional Wine Pairing: Domaine Raney, Rivesalles Ambre, France
- New Traditions at Old Orchard: Roka Akor Old Orchard (4999 Old Orchard Shopping Center) is also delighted to present a special menu for suburban guests to enjoy on New Year’s Eve without the hassle of driving into the city with seatings available at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Executive Chef Jason Alford will create a five-course menu available throughout the night including:
- First Course: Big Eye Tuna Tartare with Truffle Ikura and Butterfish Tataki with White Asparagus and Yuzu
- Second Course: Modern Nigiri and Poached Lobster Roll with Black Tobico
- Third Course: Diver Scallop with Duroc Pork Belly and Sour Cherry Reduction and Broccolini with Wafu and Sesame
- Fourth Course: Niman Ranch Filet with Chili Ginger and Wild Mushroom Rice Hotpot with Mountain Vegetables
- Fifth Course: Chocolate Layer Cake with Walnut Bitters Ganache
Guests will also have the option of swapping in the first course Osetra Caviar, O-Toro in the in the second course and Wagyu Beef in the fourth course for an additional $30. A limited ala carte menu will also be available in Old Orchard throughout the night.
Prices listed are exclusive of tax and gratuity. For reservations, please call 312-477-7652 (River North), 847-329-7650 (Old Orchard) or visit www.rokaakor.com.
Via Isabelli/Roka Akor