Katia Beauchamp knows a thing or two about beauty. She is the co-founder of Birchbox, the original subscription beauty service that is leading the pack of “pay by month” sample services. Birchbox is a fun and non-committal way for both women and men to discover new beauty brands. What girl doesn’t love getting those cute little boxes with charming sample surprises inside! Subscribers have a choice between two monthly subscription costs for a box of four to five sample-sized beauty products for women, or a mix of grooming and lifestyle supplies, ranging from hair gel to socks, for men. And when it’s all said and done, if there’s something he or she likes, no need to look further than Birchbox. Beauchamp, a Harvard Business School graduate, just made Fortune magazine’s “40 Under 40” list. According to Birchbox, “Her day-to-day consists of building relationships with beauty and lifestyle brands, telling the story of Birchbox to the media, and paving the path for Birchbox’s future partnerships with aplomb.” Katia pauses from her day to tell us what goodies she keeps nearby.
1. David Kirsch water bottle – David Kirsch is so inspiring as a person and entrepreneur! My partner Hayley and I were lucky enough to spend a few quality workouts learning from David. Even though I can’t always fit in time at the gym, I keep this water bottle on hand to stay hydrated and focused throughout the day.
2. Benefit “They’re Real” oversized stamp – I picked up this oversized stamp from our first (and amazing) brand partner of Birchbox. Benefit was the very first brand to sign on with Birchbox in 2010! Whenever I glance at it I am reminded of how far we’ve come; it also serves as inspiration – I always keep in mind that little winks can create a fun brand/voice.
3. Oscar Blandi Texture Spray – I always have a bottle of this on my desk, plus usually a travel-size in my purse for on the go. This texture spray is my go-to for quick touchups in between meetings!
4. Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lipgloss – This is a new product that I am obsessed with! I always rock this unique shade of purple when I’m in the mood to shake things up. It gets me inspired to think outside of the box! (PS – a great way to spice up a simple outfit).
5. Picture of myself + my husband, Greg – I love this photo of us from a real film camera – it reminds me to focus on the important things in life!