Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
This week we’ve featured Veronica Mainetti, the President of the Sorgente Group of America. As Board Member of Sorgente Group, she has a mandate for development in the United States. She is the Managing Director of Michelangelo Real Estate Corporation, the company which operates on the investment transactions within the US.
CEO of Star Source Financial Services, a company established in 2004 in New York, which is active in real estate management, advisory and brokerage. She is also board member of Michelangelo Flatiron Building Investment and the Sorgente Group Foundation in the US. Now, Veronica has her sights on West Coast properties. She has just bought the historic Clock Tower building in Santa Monica after the purchase of the Fine Arts Building in downtown LA at the end of 2012. Here is a look at the haute items on Veronica’s desk:
- An African sculpture representing maternity.
- A photo of my son, Giulio Massimo, who is almost 2 years old.
- A book on NY history from 1873. It is symbolic to me because 1873 was the year that 32 – 34 Greene Street was erected. And this project was the first historic restoration I undertook in New York City.
- Poetry books from 1724.
- My son’s first pair of boots. I use one of the boots as a pencil holder.
- Business card holder from Il Bisonte.
- Flatiron piggybank from 1910. Since the Flatiron Building is one of the most beautiful iconic structures around, I wanted a replica to look at each day, especially since Sorgente owns it!