Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
This week we’ve featured Christiane Kaalund, a partner with HBA/Hirsch Bedner Associates, the world-renowned “Number 1 Hospitality Design Firm” (Interior Design). HBA unveils some of the world’s most anticipated hotels, resorts, and spas. Christiane has worked on numerous prestigious hotel projects, casinos, residences, private clubs and spas. In particular, she was involved with three Wynn and Encore Wynn Casino Resorts in Macau, China and Las Vegas and is currently involved with the new Wynn Cotai resort, due to open in 2016. As many of the company’s projects are located in Asia, a busy travel schedule adds to her busy agenda and as a partner, Christiane’s day is often filled with meetings, but she still finds time to design, as it is her main passion. The picture of Christiane’s desk showcases a moquette of what she enjoys doing the most – design and work with materials. Here is a look at the items on Christiane’s desk:
- My notebook – to make endless lists and jot down ideas and reminders
- A rendering in progress – ready to be marked up
- Research material in form of a magazine
- A color/material scheme as inspiration
- The indispensible computer
- Last but not least – sustenance for energy – tea and fruit (except for ice-cream-Tuesdays!)