Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
This week we’ve chosen to feature Kara Smith, the president and partner of SFA Design. Kara lends her eclectic tastes to the homes of Hollywood’s elite, the world’s most luxurious hotels and a bevvy of international residences for royalty and diplomats alike. With no signature look, Kara and the sfa team differ from many of their peers. Always looking first to her clients for inspiration, Kara has developed a portfolio of beautifully avant-garde spaces, perfectuly unique to her clientele and their diverse lifestyles. Among her clients are Denise Richards, Candice & Derek Fisher, Rika & Tony Broccoli, BJ Upton, the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, the W Hollywood Residences and the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa. Here is a sneak peek at the items on Kara’s desk!
– Floor plans and fabric samples for an amazing residential project I am working on in LA
– One of many, many notebooks I have floating around (obsessive list-maker!)
– Piles of magazines waiting to be torn apart for my mood image binders and boards
– A few great design books to spur inspiration
– A photograph of my daughter on her way to ballet class
– Chalkboard coffee mug – today’s motto “everyday I’m hustlin’”
– H20, I definitely drink well over the prescribed 8 glasses a day!
– Chic notecards with “magic eight ball” answers to what’s on my mind