Spring is here and designers are taking some bold risks. Prints, eye-catching colors and unconventional textiles have been remixed and re-mastered to create dazzling results.
Although classic black and white is a staple for the season, one thing is for sure: expect bold pops of color everywhere for spring. Designers are being inspired by spring shades, offering looks that are true to themselves.
Gone are the days of elitist fashion. Luxe brands are becoming more approachable, wearable, and available to everyone. Haute living traveled to Silicon Valley to Westfield Valley Fair’s new luxury wing of shops, where we asked five designers to show us their interpretations of fashion-forward trends.
Luxe brands are becoming more approachable, wearable, and available to everyone.
Tory Burch’s luxury lifestyle brand personifies Classic American style. Burch – who recently became a billionaire – has been dubbed “the golden girl with the golden brand” for good reason. Her “preppy-boho-luxe” style, as it has been described, comes across with an ease and wearability that every girl wants to have.
For spring, Burch drew inspiration from the American prep remix, keeping her collection light and chic. A representative for Burch remarked, “We were thinking about a stylish magpie who picks up special pieces while traveling around the world and always mixes them with classic sportswear.”
1. RUNWAY PHOTOS Tory Burch Spring 2013
2. SHOE Tory Burch Ambrosia 115mm Sandal in Natural, $395
3. NECKLACE Tory Burch Mirror Tassel Pendant Necklace in Daisy, $395
Tiffany & Co.
Who can resist those little blue boxes from Tiffany & Co? The iconic brand stands alone for romance, style, quality and luxury. Whether it’s breathtaking jewelry or accessories, a Tiffany & Co piece never fails to arouse attention – and hold it.
The Tiffany Leather Collection’s new designs, the company says, reflect the season’s brilliant hues and fresh styles from around the world. This spring, the Tiffany Leather Collection takes its inspiration from the romantic European capitol of Amsterdam, capturing bursts of bright blues, reds and yellows in the gardens and homes of the legendary city.
1. Tiffany Blaine Clutches in Italian wicker and smooth vachetta with palladium-plated solid brass hardware. Flip-lock closure. Drop-in detachable chain. $495.00
2. Codie Hobo with 24k gold-plated solid brass hardware. Price available upon request
3. Framed clutches in glazed crocodile with palladium-plated solid brass hardware. Tiffany bar closure. $2,500
Miuccia Prada has built an empire on her attention to detail and quality. But good taste doesn’t have to be prim and proper. Miu Miu, Prada’s luxurious brand of women’s clothing and accessories, caters to the younger woman while maintaining sophisticated lady-like glamour.
This spring season, shoes and handbags come in various combinations of textile manipulations, including the new range of “craquelé” leather accessories and various combinations of blush, red and black.
In her spring statement, Miuccia Prada talked about her balance of shabby and chic: “I was trying to be very elegant in a very different way. It was not about destroying elegance, but achieving a different kind. There was a mixture of the rich and the poor fabrics, a manipulation of fabric and material to mean something else. The femme fatale is never perfect…at least the ones I like.”
1. Shiny calf leather tote, Titanium gold-plated and semi-gloss hardware, $1950
2. Two-tone suede calf leather tote with vintage craquelé finish, $1395
3. Craquelé leather pump with concealed platform, $695
With a history of more than 150 years, Swiss luxury watchmaker TAG Heuer strives to stay ahead of the curve. TAG timepieces maintain a high level of craftsmanship. For men, TAG timepieces are adaptable for almost any occasion. For women, these are not just watches; they are pieces of jewelry.
The team at TAG described their spring inspiration. “This spring at TAG Heuer, for the active guy, we are seeing a lot of unexpected sporty accent colors, high-tech features such as new materials and countdown features, as well as custom details on straps, making it urban sporty. For women, we are seeing a lot of white, rose gold and especially more feminine, delicate silhouettes.”
1. LINK Lady Automatic with Full Diamond Bezel34.5mm White Mother of Pearl Dial 11 Diamond Markers Updated iconic S-shaped bracelet with butterfly folding clasp in polished steel Retail Price: $7,400
2. Calibre 16 Day Date Automatic Chronograph 43mm Retail Price $4,600
3. LINK Lady Automatic 34.5mm Diamond Dial Roman Numeral Retail Price: $6,800.00
4. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M 43 mm Black Dial with Yellow-green Luminescent Markers Brushed Steel Brace let and Ceramic Bezel Retail Price: $4,300
Whether inspired by architecture, a painting or even a flower, David Yurman never fails to create a magical mix of stand-alone pieces that bring fashion into jewelry. As the company stated, this season brings a rich palette of captivating designs that embody the eclectic David Yurman mix—vivid gemstones, brilliant diamonds and metals, both bright and dark. Jewels glow by the light of dawn and sparkle with allure at night. Each piece was created in the David Yurman tradition, fusing inspiration, sculpture and color.
1.Oval necklace from the DY® COLLECTION with Hampton blue topaz, prasiolite, and milky aquamarine in 18k gold, 18” long, $35,000
2.Rings with gemstones in sterling silver. ALBION® with carnelian and diamonds, $1,475.
DY Signature Oval Collection ® with lemon citrine and diamonds, $2,650.
Albion® with lapis lazuli and diamonds, $1,900.
ALBION® with turquoise in 18k gold, $3,150.
3. RENAISSANCE bracelets in sterling silver and gold.
Green onyx, peridot, and turquoise with 14k gold, $4,800.
Carnelian, pink tourmaline, and Madeira citrine with 14k gold, $4,800.
Peridot, tanzanite, and pink tourmaline in 18k gold, $15,750.
Rose quartz and pink tourmaline with 18k gold, $4,800.
Amethyst, peridot, and ruby with 14k gold, $4,800.