Eric Jellson joined Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in February 2007 as area director of sales and marketing. He’s responsible for overall market positioning, repositioning of new Kimpton hotels in Florida, sales, revenue and strategic marketing partnerships for all Kimpton hotels in Florida, which now include EPIC, downtown Miami, Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, and Surfcomber Miami, South Beach. He is based in Miami where he opened EPIC in 2008, and was the first Kimpton new-build to open in Florida.
Here is what is on Eric’s Desk:
1. Pictures of my family: I’m often traveling or entertaining in the evening hours and don’t make it home till late so the pictures remind me to balance work and family.
2. Pandora open on my Bose System: Music is such a great influencer and filter. Sometimes it’s all about Brazilian Jazz and the next hour it might be about techno. It just depends on the activity or my mood of the day.
3. The Bill Kimpton Award – One of our company’s most prestigious marketing honors…it’s front and center to keep me driven, humble and thankful for the celebrations our team has achieved and the ones we will achieve.
4. Haute Living Magazine, In Style Magazine, Conde Nast Travel Magazine, Travel and Leisure: Where else would one go to stay relevant?
5. Assorted framed pictures of events which have taken place at EPIC are inspirations and drivers to keep me growing and appreciating our many valued marketing partnerships.