Fortune International President and Founder, Edgardo Defortuna launched the the firm in 1983. Since then, Fortune has become recognized as a leader in high-end luxury real estate in Miami, and more recently, Latin America and Europe. Defortuna is recognized for helping shape Miami’s international real estate landscape into what it is today. Here is what the real estate executive has on his desk.
1. Photo with my wife, Ana Cristina: She works with me at Fortune International. Living and working together requires the right partner, and I think we achieve that balance beautifully.
2. Photo of me and my children skiing in Vail: The key to my success is ensuring a work-life balance and making time for my children, including being able to get out of the office in time for soccer games. I give tremendous value to my family, and it makes the work I do have value.
3. Jade Signature rendering: I’m so excited to be working with Herzog & de Meuron for our new project, Jade Signature in Sunny Isles Beach. They are one of the world’s most renowned architects and are designing a building unlike we’ve ever seen in South Florida and one we’ll be very proud to present.
4. Material samples: In developing Jade Signature, or any project for that matter, every detail counts. During the decision making process, I like to be surrounded by the materials and finishes before I choose what to incorporate.
5. Floor plans: Fortune’s direct access to clients and brokers through our sales activities avails us to what the marketplace really wants, and in turn design and develop our buildings with those concepts incorporated.