Where do Hollywood’s biggest stars go to escape the SoCal sunshine (yes, you heard that correctly) and indulge in a little snow bunny-style glamour? That would be the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. This year from the dates of Jan. 17-27, celebrities including Jessica Biel, Matthew McConaughey, James Franco, Rooney Mara, Alicia Keys and Joseph Gordon- Levitt all headed north to attend Robert Redford’s 28th annual entertainment extravaganza, as presented by Acura, Southwest Airlines, Bing and Canon. Haute Living offers you a sneak peek into one of the most respected film fests in the world, from the movies premiered to the intimate VIP dinners attended to the very best places to stay and play with the jet-setting Sundance elite.
• Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys attended the Hennessy V.S.-presented afterparty for their film The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete Keys; produced the film in which Hudson stars.
•Naomi Watts celebrated the premier of Two Mothers with an intimate dinner thrown by Luminara and the Mulberry project. Her co-stars, Xavier Samuel and James Frencheville also attended the Friday night event.
• Co-producer Tatiana von Furstenberg, Jessica Biel, Alfred Molina and Ringo Starr attended the Next Generation Filmmaker Dinner Series kickoff for their film, Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes.
• Alessandra Ambrosio took snowboarding lessons with Olympic medalist Danny Kass at Oakley and New Era’s Learn to Ride before joining Adrian Grenier for a fete in honor of his SH FT Production company.
• Dylan Lauren attended an intimate dinner for the film Blue Caprice at ChefDance.
• Keri Russell received a Fresh makeup touchup during the celebration for her upcoming film, Austenland, at Rock & Reilly’s VIP Siren Lounge.
• Emile Hirsch and Paul Rudd were among the celebrity guests at 13th Sign Pictures and MPIC Events Celebrity Poker Tournament at the Everest Mansion.
• James Franco stopped by CÎROC’s Festival photobooth after discussing his film Interior. Leather. Bar. before heading to a party hosted by Stella Artois for Kink, another of the three films he debuted at Sundance.
Montage Deer Valley
9100 Marsac Ave.,
Park City , UT 84060
True VIPs chose to stay at the Montage Residences Deer Valley, unique luxury ski chalet-style apartments located on the top two floors of the posh Montage Resort. The hautest of haute flocked to the Montage, open since 2010, for its uniquely designed rooms from the likes of Barclay Butera, Phillip Gorrivan and Adam Hunter, as well as its luxurious amenities from Fili, Paul Smith, Holly Hunt and Thomas Lavin, Turkish tiled floors, Newport brass and Italian marble, built-in Meile espresso machines, private balconies and soaking tubs. A-listers who love the convenience of a ski in/ski out hotel, 75-mile panoramic views, complete pampering at the chic Spa Montage and access to the number one ranked ski resort of Deer Valley can even purchase said apartments, which are priced from $2-$10 million. Conversely, they can rent out the previously purchased 14-room penthouse suite, which features some of the best views Deer Valley has to offer.
625 Main St, Park City ,
That 70’s Show alum Danny Masterson is the brainchild behind Downstairs, Park City’s only true VIP lounge. Just like most Tinseltown nightclubs, this dark-lit Main Street hotspot offers bottle service and banquets as well as a DJ booth and stage for live musical acts.
Riverhorse on Main
540 Main St, Park City ,
Head to the four-star restaurant Riverhorse on Main for a gourmet reprieve from grabbing food on the go during the hectic, fast-paced film festival. The eatery offers American eclectic cuisine with an emphasis on local seasonal ingredients, as well as steak and seafood. Lucky VIPS , of course, were treated to delicacies from some of LA ’s finest chefs: Ludo Lefefvre prepared his wares for those attending a dinner by Samsung Galaxy at the Lift, while Marcel Vigneron cooked for the attendees of ChefDance.