The inaugural Apres-Ski Cocktail Classic in Aspen filled the slopes and restaurants of Aspen and Snowmass with more than 1,600 attendees over the four-day festival last weekend. Participants were included in everything from fondue cooking classes to seminars on the terroir of coffee.
Mixologists and world-renowned personalities included: Tony Abou-Ganim (the Modern Mixologist), 11th generation owner of Riedel, Maximillian Riedel, Charlotte Voisey (National Brand Ambassador William Grant & Sons), Brooke Arthur (National Brand Ambassador House Spirits), Aidan Demarest (Owner, Neat Spirits Bar and Founder, Liquid Assets), and Steve Olson to name a few.
First-year events and seminars included:
- Cheese fondue with Champagne pairings with Executive Chef Jim Butchart and Master Sommelier of the Little Nell, Sabato Sagaria
- Après ski cocktails with Steve Olson
- Hot Toddies 101 with Tony Abou-Ganim
- Tiki Time in the Snow with rum expert, Matty Durgin and Barteur, Aidan Demarest
- The Punch Bowl with Charlotte Voisey
- Haut Hot Chocolate; Crafting the Perfect Cup of Hot Chocolate with Executive Chef, Ronnie Sanchez
- The Terroir of Coffee featuring Java Juice and Handsome Roasters
- Fireside chat Scotch tasting with Glenfiddich Ambassador Mitch Bechard
- The Perfect Irish Coffee with Charlotte Voisey and Tony Abou-Ganim
- Exclusive Private Reserve “Vintage Ski” room that featured some rare and hard-to-find spirits, poured by sommelier, David Johnson
- The Overlook – a VIP area for talent, press and VIP ticket holders to grab some grub and relax with a cup of joe from Barista Prima coffee or a smoothie made with Driscoll’s Berries.
- Saveur magazine cocktail pairing dinner at Snowmass Kitchen
The award for “Aspen’s Best Apres-Ski Cocktail” went to Jimmy’s Restaurant for its Kiss Me I’m Irish cocktail featuring Tullamore Dew and Chichicapa Mezcal mist. The audience award went to the Terrace Bar at the Little Nell for Ginger and Mary Ann featuring Domaine de Canton and Peachstreet Distillers Bourbon.
Apres-Ski Cocktail Classic