Aspenites don’t need an excuse to party, but with St. Patrick’s Day falling on a Sunday this year, they’ll sure make a couple to allow the holiday to go on all weekend long.
- For 127 years, the St. Patrick’s Day Fundraising Dinner at St. Mary’s Catholic Church has been serving traditional roast beef and pork roast, homemade mashers, coleslaw, green beans and dessert for dinner. It runs from 4 to 8 p.m. on Sunday, March 17, and will also feature live Irish music from The Crowlin’ Ferlies, with beer, wine and soft drinks available in the church’s heated tent, along with a silent auction.
- Go green at Justice Snow’s with Irish food and drink specials all day including Guinness, lamb stew, corned beef and cabbage, and fish and chips.
- Take part in the giant scavenger hunt on Snowmass Mountain this Sunday, with clues being given out during the day on KSPN in search for 40 shamrocks with prizes on each of them. Many of the restaurants, including Venga Venga and Big Hoss Grill, also have drink specials.
- The Apres-Ski Cocktail Classic wraps up Sunday with a pub crawl in Aspen to find the best apres-ski drink in town. The tour will make stops at 39 Degrees, J-Bar, Justice Snow’s, Jimmy’s, The Red Onion and the Terrace Bar at the Little Nell. It all starts at 2 p.m., which is apres-ski time somewhere in the world.
- Finbarr’s Lucky Beer Garden will have all the beer and shots flowing on St. Pat’s Day. Come early, stay late, and drink a green beer in between.