Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
Cindy Hill is the recently appointed Director of Sales & Marketing at the W San Francisco Hotel. In her multidimensional role, Hill is tasked with developing innovative initiatives to boost awareness, sales and market share while acquiring new business opportunities in existing and emerging markets.
Hill has an extensive background in the luxury hospitality industry – in particular, with the high-profile W Brand. She first served as director of sales during the launch of the W San Francisco in 1999. Since that time, she worked as the opening marketing director for W Austin Hotel and Residences, where she earned Starwood Hotels’ sales leader of the year for North America. Hill has made a full circle return back to the W San Francisco. She lets Haute Living in on what she keeps nearby to get it all done.
1. A framed photograph of my son, Caleb, and nephew, Terran, who are always on my mind!
2. Crystal butterfly – a gift I received from friends at the magnificent ZACH Theater in Austin
3. A small jar of TRACE Rooftop Honey for my afternoon tea (Our Executive Chef Paul Piscopo harvests honey from beehives on the W San Francisco terrace! It is perfectly sweet and balanced.)
4. W candle
5. Favorite Champagne, Veuve Clicquot, on hand for a random celebration
6. Entire series of W CDs from 1989-2012 – what a great assortment of tunes!
7. Colorful swatches for new W San Francisco guestroom throws
8. Swarovski crystal W binoculars
9. Succulents plant (the only plant I can manage to keep alive!) It brightens up my office.
10. IPod – always tuned to the best hits of the ‘90s