Haute Living caught up with Ashley Madekwe of the ABC drama Revenge at Joico‘s “Drab to Fab” shoot with stylist Damien Carney. We just had to know if Ashley was anything like her small screen character, Ashley Davenport, and if her luxury tastes were as refined as the social climber she plays. Here, we go one-on-one with nine questions with the 31-year-old British beauty.
1) What are your personal tricks to getting red carpet ready?
I love a red lipstick. It’s instantly glamorous. I also like to add individual lashes to make my eyes pop.
2) What are your three favorite luxury items?
Shu Uemura cleansing oil, Joico K Pak color therapy restorative oil and Nars mono body oil. I like oils!
3) Who are your three favorite high-end designers?
Celine, Isabel Marant & Saint Laurent.
4) Which A-lister do you think has the best style and why?
Zoe Saldana always looks great on the red carpet. Her choices are chic and interesting with just the right amount of ‘edge’.
5) You used to work in a London trainer shop, so obviously you love shoes. What lines do you love?
All of the shoes from the new Saint Laurent ready to wear line are gorgeous and I love my Isabel Marant ‘Bekket’ sneakers.
6) How do you think your British roots have influenced your style?
London girls have no rules when it comes to style. I’m not afraid to mix high end with cheaper pieces and I don’t like to look too pulled together.
7) What is your favorite hair style and styler?
Kept down, natural waves, and Joico’s Power Spray at a level 8 — this helps to fight frizz.
8) What are the beauty must haves you carry in your purse?
Elizabeth Arden 8-hour cream and Stila convertible color in Gladiola.
9) Fill in the blank: “Ashley Madekwe is…”
“…a crazy cat lady.”