Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
Lisa Kershner is the General Manager of the Renaissance San Francisco Stanford Court Hotel, the iconic boutique hotel of Nob Hill that sets the standard for boutique hotels in San Francisco. With over 25 years in the hotel industry, Kershner is a hands-on leader who ensures that this well-known establishment is running at tip-top shape.
Kershner, who has worked for several hotels in the Bay Area and Silicon Valley, oversees day to day operations and keeps the staff focused on maintaining a high level of service. She is a current board member of the Hotel Council of San Francisco and past board member of SF Travel. Given her busy schedule, she still finds time to volunteer with organizations such as Burlingame Community for Education and the Humane Society – all of whom share her vision of building a better Bay Area.
The hotelier task master let’s Haute Living in on what she keeps close by to get it all done.
1. Picture of my beautiful kids, reminds me what is most important, not to sweat the small stuff.
2. Mightly Leaf tea mug – love their decaf and green tea. It’s the only one I’ve tried that keeps water really really hot.
3. Vitamins and Omega capsules – I lay out enough for the week on Mondays, otherwise I’ll forget to take them.
4. Large bottle of water – reminds me to stay hydrated. Yes with the tea and water – I go to the bathroom a lot.
5. Laptop and Iphone – keeps me organized and connected.
6. Wireless headset – can’t live without this. Hands free allows me to walk around the office while I’m on a call or type notes when needed. Saves me from an aching neck.
7. Photo calendar of my dog Emma, who we had to put down recently, she was 15. My husband made this for me for Christmas.
8. Dark Chocolate candies – it’s good for me. I say it’s for my guests but it’s really for me and Isabel, my Executive Assistant.
9. Renaissance Brand book – Marriott’s lifestyle brand, I keep this book on my desk for inspiration. We do things differently at Renaissance, we really cater to what our guests want versus a traditional hotel. Our guests love it!