Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
Leah Lidsky is a Partner and General Manager of Luella Restaurant, the chic and busteling neighborhood gem in the heart of Russian Hill. As General Manager of this San Francisco favorite, Leah oversees day-to-day operations, all while embracing the many hats she must wear to get the job done – dishwasher, busser, host, server, bartender, plumber, handywoman or florist. As she explains, “We have survived over 8 crazy years in this food obsessed city and been blessed with a loyal staff whom have dedicated years of their lives to work with us.” Leah lets Haute living in on what she keeps nearby to prepare her for all of it.
1, Flowers – I often lack my daily dose of Vitamin D. These beauties remind me of the natural beauty and life which thrives outside these restaurant walls.
2. lucky bamboo – I’m not the religious type BUT a little superstition never hurts – whether we choose to believe it or not – ‘luck’ contributes to a part of our life.
3. Herradura anejo tequila – my fountain of youth, sanity and serenity. This liquid gold has saved me from getting lost amidst the black hole of chaos & stress in this world.
4. Technology : IPhone, computer & landline – my umbilical cord to luella’s placenta. These three items have allowed multi-tasking to achieve a whole other dimension.
5. Fuigi sparkling water, vitamins and emergen-c packets – I have horrible eating habits and dealing with the public constantly subjects me to the germ cesspool. I depend upon hydration and supplements to help me build a line of defense for my stamina.
6. The food AND wine lover’s companion and the American Heritage Dictionary. I am perpetually refreshing my memory on food & wine related facts and definitions which are relative to our food and wine menus. Our guests tend to ask lots of questions and I like to be able to provide an informed response. I am also responsible for editing a multitude of documents. Hence, spelling, grammar and redundancies have become an obsession of mine.