Images: www.worlds-luxury-guide.com and Racked.com
Maxfield in Los Angeles has been named the 5th most expensive store in the U.S., according to a new data collected by Bundle.com that stemmed from proprietary data from 20 million Visa and MasterCard holders and average receipt amounts based on millions of transactions.
Racked.com recently compiled the top 25 most expensive stores based on Bundle.com’s findings and, though approximately half of the top 25 shops were based in New York, Los Angeles made up a large portion of the list. The information gathered by Bundle.com did not include big department stores, wholesalers or manufacturers, according to Racked.com, but rather “pricey boutiques” across the nation.
In addition to Maxfield in Los Angeles, other boutiques in California that ranked in the top 25 include, Savannah in Santa Monica (number 9), Dolce & Gabbana in Beverly Hills (number 16) and Wilkes Bashford in San Francisco (number 17).
Maxfield, located at 8825 Melrose Avenue, offers a variety of luxury goods including pre-owned luxury items collected “via Tommy Perse acquaintances with old European families,” according to The New York Times. Among these items is a lavish collection of watches (Rolexes, Cartier, etc), Hermes desk sets, Gucci suitcases and more. Brands offered in store include LGB (Le Grand Bleu), Balmain, Chanel, Rick Owens, Saint Laurent, Celine, Givenchy, Carol Christian Poell and more.
Other cities that joined LA and New York on the list include Boston, Chicago and Naples.
According to the rankings, Oscar de la Renta in New York City was the most expensive boutique in the U.S., with an average of $3,217 per shopper per trip.
The full list, with average spent per shopper per trip in parenthesis, includes:
1. Oscar de la Renta, New York City ($3,217)
2. Georgio Armani, New York City ($2,881)
3. Loro Piana, Boston ($2,818)
4. Akris, New York City ($2,649)
5. Maxfield, Los Angeles: ($2,258)
6. Chanel, New York City ($2,155)
7. Brunello Cucinelli, New York City ($2,032)
8. Blake, Chicago ($2,008)
9. Savannah, Santa Monica ($1,970)
10. Alexander McQueen, New York City ($1,847)
11. Tom Ford, New York City ($1,797)
12. Lanvin, New York City ($1,787)
13. Ascot Chang, New York City ($1,752)
14. Chloe, New York City ($1,673)
15. Marissa Collections, Naples, Florida ($1,608)
16. Dolce & Gabbana, Beverly Hills ($1,595)
17. Wilkes Bashford, San Francisco ($1,564)
18. Bottega Veneta, Manhasset ($1,562)
19. Kleinfeld Bridal, New York City ($1,508)
20. Morris & Sons, Chicago ($1,507)
21. A’Marees, Newport Beach, Rhode Island ($1,498)
22. Vera Wang Bridal House, New York City ($1,493)
23. Escada, Beverly Hills ($1,466)
24. Saks Jandel, Chevy Chase, Maryland ($1,457)
25. Prada, New York City ($1,429)