Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
Hilary Newsom (sister of Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom) is the President of the PlumpJack Group, the well-known hospitality management company with 14 operating businesses. San Francisco’s Balboa Cafe, MatrixFillmore and PlumpJack Wines – and Napa’s new Odette Estate – are just a small sample of PlumpJack’s diverse portfolio.
In her role as president, Newsom has the complex responsibility of overseeing day-to-day operations, finance and marketing of each of PlumpJack’s businesses, all while keeping her eye out on new development opportunities for the PlumpJack Group. Additionally, she guides and collaborates with each of the departments while playing an integrated role in investor relations.
The PlumpJack power player let’s Haute Living in on what she keeps close by to get it all done.
1. Archipelago Fragrance Diffuser- the office always needs to smell good since I have meetings in it most of the day
2. A photo of me and my mom taped to my lap top – I miss her every day
3. A series of photos of my kids, husband, and best friends – these photos relax me and give me strength
4. A copy of WWD – got to keep up on my Fashion news
5. A two-liter bottle of Teas TEA- keeps me going, and it’s healthier than sodas
6. My white out and Filofax – no, I am not stuck in the 80’s
7. Nation’s Restaurant News magazine – glad it only comes out once a month
8. Dried flowers from my Dad that he bought in Aix en Provence – they are beautiful and never die
9. The label ideas for the new Odette Estate wines – the wine won’t be released for over 18 more months, but decisions that big take time
10. The Tory Burch Spring Collection Order Form – hard to narrow down the selection for our 300 square foot boutique
11. The PlumpJack Golf Tournament sponsor letter that needs to be sent out next week – it will be our 14th annual on April 29, 2013, and it is never too early to get started on raising money for important causes
12. My Costco Card – clearly a reminder that I need to stock up on paper towels and such
13. Balsamic Vinegar from North Beach Restaurant –It is delicious and since I often eat at my desk it is a staple
14. My vitamin D3 and B–complex – mostly because I need to refill them!
15. Samples of wonderful soaps and moisturizer for our hotels – we are always trying to evolve and have the best products in our properties
16. My fan for the three days a year it is over 70 degrees – Since SF offices don’t often have AC I need my fan!