Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
Christos Garkinos is the co-owner of one of LA’s most exclusive boutiques, Decades. He has created a retail haven for celebrities, stylists and fashionistas alike, turning the shop he owns with Cameron Silver into a multimillion dollar venture. Take a look at the items that Garkinos keeps on his flawlessly fashionable desk.
1. Tom Ford Noir de Noir cologne. I am so obsessed with his scents that I keep one at my desk at all times. And last week Mr. Ford was to visit the store, so I did an extra little spritz—unfortunately he didn’t make it that day-but I smelled extra good!
2. Fisher and Price Music Box- Strange you may think. But for someone like myself who has about 100 small god children—it comes in handy when they come to visit. It also de-stresses clients whose children accompany them on their shopping trips
3. Telephone-I am old school in that I enjoy a conversation than a digital encounter. When I am trying to acquire a large collection for the store, hearing my voice helps the potential consignor on the other line feel much more comfortable.
4. History of fashion books. It is important that I constantly brush up on fashion. Currently I am reading The Making of Gucci, and my biz partner, Cameron Silver’s new book, Decades A Century of Fashion.
1. The Christian Louboutin Marie Antionette centerpiece. I met Christian at South Coast Plaza for the launch of the $6000 shoe back in 2009. Didn’t get the shoe, but made out with the most fab table decoration every seen.
2. Fashion tchotkes. I love my Louis Vuitton Snow Globe that was made for the opening of the Champs Elysees store. (So do my coterie of godchildren!). In Chicago I found a limited edition of Jean Paul Gaultier’s rendering of the Statute of Liberty- Complete with the tablet saying Merci. And finally, from the McQueen exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art-a replica of one of his last shoe designs.
3. Lastly, photos of my husband, Brett ,with our sweet dogs Rocco and Sophie—who keep me grounded while working in the wonderfully wacky world of fashion.