Who needs binders full of women when The Fairmont San Francisco is presenting a hotel package option that constituents of any party affiliation can elect to experience. Guests can enjoy a visit to SF during election season with “The Fairmont San Francisco’s Presidential Experience” package. There’s no better place than the Fairmont, since this is THE hotel that created the original Presidential Suite.
“The Fairmont San Francisco has had the honor and privilege of welcoming presidents and heads of state for over 100 years,” says Tom Klein, Regional Vice President and General Manager of The Fairmont San Francisco. “Our team will be thrilled to offer our honorary “first guests” the same world class, seamless service that we deliver during presidential visits.”
“First Guests” will be greeted by a presidential detail and make their way to The Fairmont San Francisco in a black SUV “presidential motorcade.” Upon arrival at the hotel, which boasts the United Nations Charter being drafted on property in 1945 by proudly flying the represented nations’ flags above the porte cochere, the VIP guests will receive a full presidential reception.
Upon checking in, guests will enjoy four nights in the hotel’s famed Penthouse Suite, which played host to a famed 1945 United Nations dinner hosted by President Harry S. Truman and was the accommodation of choice for President John F. Kennedy during his 1963 visit. Spanning the entire eighth floor of the historic Main Building of The Fairmont San Francisco, the Penthouse Suite offers 6,000 square feet of luxury and features three large bedrooms, a living room with grand piano, a formal dining room, a kitchen, a two-story circular library, a billiard room, and an expansive terrace with sweeping city views. Legend has it that a special guest of John F. Kennedy used a secret doorway concealed behind bookshelves on the library’s second floor during his stay in May 1963, but you’ll have to discover that for yourself.
The Fairmont San Francisco’s “First Guests” will also enjoy the following:
- Presidential “Motorcade” Transportation throughout the visitFairmont Presidential Detail Escorts throughout the visit
- An exclusive “pre-inaugural ball” soiree in the Penthouse Suite, including champagne, caviar and hors d’oeuvres for up to 50 invited guests
- A private dinner for 12 in the Penthouse Suite’s stunning Dining Room, using the original menu and china from Harry S. Truman’s 1945 United Nations Conference visit dinner at the hotel. Truman checked into the hotel again in 1948 during a West Coast Tour.
- A Presidential Portrait photo shoot in the Penthouse Suite Library
- Dinner for four in the hotel’s Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar – Prior to his presidency, President Ronald Reagan swam laps in the restaurant’s Olympic size pool, when it was known as “The Plunge”
- Takeout Service from San Francisco’s Great Eastern Restaurant -recently visited by President Barack Obama
- Escorted Tour of Muir Woods – President Theodore Roosevelt created Muir Woods National Monument in 1908. In 1945, as part of the founding of the United Nations, delegates from 48 countries held a memorial for President Franklin Roosevelt’s death in Muir Woods’ Cathedral Grove. A plaque in his honor remains in the spot today.
- Dinner for four at Slanted Door – President Bill Clinton was a famous fan of restaurant’s original Valencia Street location
- Escorted Tour of City Hall – President Warren G. Harding’s body lay in state under the rotunda following his death in San Francisco in 1923
- Daily in-room breakfast service
- Private access to Club One Fitness Center in the hotel
- A $5,000 Shopping Spree at SAKS Fifth Avenue in Union Square with personal shopper assistance
- Daily custom floral arrangements throughout the Presidential Suite provided by Ornamento
- Daily in-room hair and make-up provided by Mr. Eckhard Beauty Salon, whose stylists regularly provide services to the political elite
- One-of-a-kind 18karat gold or platinum jewelry piece designed and hand-crafted by Robin Woolard Precious Jewels
- Cigars to be enjoyed on the Penthouse Terrace, provided by Vendetta
The price of this unparalleled four-night experience is $180,000. Available October 8 – January 21. For more information or to book this package call 415-772-5489