Las Vegas’ oldest hotel, the Golden Gate, just completed its first major expansion in 50 years. The resort opened its doors at One Fremont Street in 1906 and drew inspiration from its past for the new look that includes a 35,000-square-foot, five-story addition with 14 hotel suites designed as a tribute to notable guests like Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin.
On the top floor of the new addition, two vintage showgirl-inspired penthouses.
On the casino floor, a new 1920s flapper-inspired high-limit gaming room, complemented by Golden Gate’s dancing dealers. In the lobby find a vintage sign that previously adorned Golden Gate’s Main Street exterior as well as hotel artifacts including original 1907 gaming ledgers, an authentic model of Vegas’ first telephone and Prohibition-era whiskey bottles found in the walls during construction.
The building’s original façade has been restored with the addition of a modern digital marquee and contemporary LED lighting accents representing pinstripes from the roaring ’20s as well as a new porte-cochere.
Click on the photos below to enlarge.