Ever wonder what the most powerful leaders, business execs and celebrities keep on their desks? Well, we’re about to tell you. Our biweekly “What’s on My Desk” feature will take a look inside the offices and at the desks of the world’s most influential power players.
This week we’ve featured Betty Graham, President of Coldwell Banker Previews International, the luxury division of Coldwell Banker. Her successful career began in 1976 as a top-producing agent in Malibu, where she represented such luminaries as Rod Steiger, Dustin Hoffman, Charles Bronson, George C. Scott, Cecily Tyson, Cleavon Little, LeVar Burton, Madonna, Sean Penn, plus five transactions with the legendary Johnny Carson. With 30 years of experience under her belt, Betty is truly a veteran of the real estate industry and a true woman of importance. Here are a few of the items on Betty’s desk:
- “March of the Penguins” antique ceramics because I so admire the tenacity of these little creatures….an incredibly important attribute of a great real estate salesperson.
- A tiny crystal “evil eye” to ward off bad spirits.
- Our Coldwell Banker VIEW published and distributed in China on my desk in preparation for a Previews International listing presentation.
- A framed copy of Haute Living with my favorite client, Mr. Carson.
- An hour glass which keeps me on track and amuses me far more than a clock.
- Ipad/Iphone, of course.
- Tiny Tiffany box containing my written goals.
- A few real estate awards, and a couple of globes reminding me of our Global Society.
- Photo of one of my favorite former husbands, record producer Tom Catalano.
- Roget’s Thesaurus and a handful of books written by people who have inspired me.
- Because this was the desk of Jon Douglas, a person whose values still resonate in my life and my career, I also keep a photo of him nearby.