Regally Sweet: French Chocolatier Debauve & Gallais in Dubai’s DIFC

Previous PostBritish Luxury Brand L.K. Bennett Open First Store in Abu Dhabi at the Marina Mall
Next PostHaute Event: Jake Pavelka Checks Out Terry Fator

French chocolatiers Debauve & Gallais have opened its first regional flagship boutique in Dubai –  a silk-walled, Palais de Versaille-style antique furniture-filled tea room in DIFC boasting specialties such as their Marie Antoinette ‘pistoles’ – chocolate coins which were created to give Marie Antoinette her medicine which she refused to take it in the traditional format! She was so delighted with them that Monsieur Debauve was commissioned to create an entire collection called the Pistoles de Marie Antoinette – one of the most famed chocolate specialties of Debauve & Gallais worldwide.

As the story goes, in 1800 Sulpice Debauve, a pharmacist for King Louis XVI, opened a chocolate factory with his nephew Mr Gallais. The factory quickly rose in fame causing it to become the appointed supplier of royalty – including Kings Louis XVIII, Charles X and Louis-Philippe.

Since its opening, Debauve & Gallais has differentiated itself from all the other existing chocolatiers. Instead of using less expensive, less-flavored cocoas, they use beans from Mexico, Ecuador and Venezuala with 99% pure cacao with the remaining 1% being made up of equal amounts of sugar and vanilla extract. The specialist chocolate selection has over 70 different flavours and designs.


The extravagance of the Debauve & Gallais experience truly manifests when you taste a hot chocolate made from the rarest beans or a cup of tea made of the special blends created by prominent tea master Rami Sambath who only uses leaves from exclusive plantations  – all of which can be enjoyed within the captivating boutique. Debauve & Gallais offers chocolate selections for events and weddings, from individual favours to larger trays. The chocolates can be personalized with silk printing – as well as matched to your overall theme with tailored packaging. High in anti-oxidants and incredibly irresistible – we can’t think of any excuse not to indulge in one of these chocolates on your lunch break!

Debauve & Gallais Les Encroyables:    
A signature Debauve & Gallais bonbon – Les Encroyables are a rich ganache coated in caramelised Spanish almonds, dipped in dark chocolate.
Price: AED440 per box


connect with haute living National