GREY GOOSE Vodka has once again joined forces with renowned milliner Louise Green to create a one-of-a-kind Derby hat to be worn by “Smash” star Debra Messing on Saturday, May 5, at the Kentucky Derby.
This eighth year of the GREY GOOSE signature Derby hat will commemorate the launch of GREY GOOSE’s newest flavor, GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir, which will be showcased in a variety of cocktails to guests in attendance at the legendary Churchill Downs race.
The GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir-Inspired Derby hat will be unveiled on the Kentucky Derby red carpet.
Check out some tips on choosing a Derby hat from Milliner Louise Green, creator of this year’s GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir-Inspired Derby hat:
- Choose a Derby hat with the camera in mind. A down brim will cast a shadow across the face.
- It’s easier to choose the hat first & then buy the outfit.
- Go big or small to make a statement.
- A Derby hat should be happy & festive. Choose something you wouldn’t normally wear. Feathers, flowers, ribbons are fun & flirty.
- When trying on hats to wear at Kentucky Derby, never think anything is “Over The Top” When you arrive at the Derby whatever you have chosen will look tame compared to other hats worn by others!
- Wear your hat with Hattitude!!
- Most of all wear your biggest smile!
Debra Messing joins a prestigious roster of GREY GOOSE® Vodka Derby hat alumni including Paula Patton, Rebecca Romijn, Brooke Shields, Molly Sims, Zoe Saldana, Petra Nemcova and Jamie-Lynn Sigler. Messing, along with milliner Louise Green, will autograph the GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir-inspired hat for online auction through charitybuzz.com