On January 10, 2012, an intimate selection of guests were among the first to discover Ovid Napa Valley. The invite-only event was hosted by famed San Francisco Restaurant, Flour + Water.
Up and coming Winemaker, Austin Peterson, showcased a selection of Ovid Wines, which were paired with the restaurant’s most delectable appetizers. Located in St. Helena, the Ovid Winery values sustainable methods in farming and winemaking, and features stunning combinations of Bordeaux varietals: Cabernet sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, and Petit Verdot.
Check out the tasting menu below for some special pairing ideas!
Winter Tasting Menu for Ovid event at Flour + Water
– apple & rutabega soup with pancetta, brown butter & fennel pollen
– crab with puntarella, citrus & buddha’s hand
– cured duck with parsnip, anise & black trumpet mushrooms
– taleggio scarpinocc with aceto balsamico
– tortellini en brodo
– strozzapreti with braised pork, sage & meyer lemon
– sunchoke tortelloni with brown butter & fried parsley
-selection of pizzas and flatbreads
-chocolate budino with espresso caramel cream & sea salt
– 2008 Ovid
– 2009 Experiment P4.9
– A barrel sample of a single block of Cabernet Sauvignon from 2010