You’ve had a rough 2011.
Hated your boss. Lost your iPhone. And your car broke down — twice.
It’s time for 2012. And what better way to celebrate the start of a new year than with fireworks and some bubbly.
Here are some of the hottest spots to usher in 2012:
• Aloha Tower Marketplace and The Waterfront, 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.: It’s the biggest, baddest New Year’s Eve party in Honolulu, with six stages and more than 20 DJs and live bands. Not to mention it boasts the largest fireworks display in the state. $20 presale, $75 VIP, which includes appetizers, party favors and a front-row seat to the fireworks show. (808) 306-3079
• The Standard NYE Party, 8 p.m. to 4 p.m. at The Standard, Restaurant Row: Honolulu’s newest nightclub is celebrating 2012 with DJ Enrie, cocktail specials and a midnight champagne toast. $20 presale, $25 at the door. (808) 529-0010
• The Modern Experience, 7 p.m. to 4 a.m., The Modern Honolulu: Seven areas at the hotel, a reservation-only dinner and a champagne toast are included in this event, featuring a line-up of famous guest DJs. $75, $125 VIP presale, $150 VIP at the door. (808) 943-5800
• Pineapple Drop at the Kahala, 10 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. at The Kahala Hotel & Resort: A poolside gala with DJs, dancing, a no-host bar and a giant, 14-foot pineapple dropped from the roof at midnight. $50. (808) 739-8888
• Lux @ The Trump NYE, 8:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Trump International Hotel Waikiki: DJ Scott Stiles headlines this “Casino Royale”-themed party with a wishing tree, video coverage from Times Square in NYC and a midnight toast. $100 presale. (877) 683-7401
• Hic Hard Rock New Year’s Eve Drop, 9:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. at the Hard Rock Cafe: Deadbeats and DJ Monkey will keep you dancing, with a balloon drop, champagne toast and party favors at midnight. $10 with VIP booths starting at $450. (808) 955-7383