Haute 100 Update: Paulina Rubio Completes 10th Studio Album Despite Personal Obstacles

Previous PostNew York Fashion Week 2011: Pamella Roland Presentation
Next PostUnited We Stand: Diane von Furstenberg Puts On a Show for All Americans

Latin music sweetheart Paulina Rubio has seen her share of emotional events this year – the death of her father, the birth of her son, and other problems that had threatened to set her back on her new album’s progress. The Mexican singer persevered, however, and is now finished a new album “with a lot of energy” that is “all about rhythm.”

Rubio commented, “My career has been through a lot. Undoubtedly, the most beautiful thing arrived this year and the most precious has physically departed. The rest is all part of life and the job. We’re in the industry and despite everything we’re moving on.”

This new album – Rubio’s tenth studio disc – goes on sale this November 14 and follows up 2009’s Gran City Pop. The new release also signifies her return to the American market with 70 percent of the tracks in Spanish and the other 30 percent in English.

The new disc is also mainly under the production of RedOne, who produced international hits like Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance” and Enrique Iglesias’s “I Like It”. They are producing the majority of Rubio’s new songs, with some tracks that range “between and techno and rock band instruments like bass, drums, and acoustic guitar.”

The video for the new album’s first single, “Me Gustas Tanto”, starts production this week. It is being released as a promotional single, highlighting the album’s “eclectic” theme, which blends some ranchera and “rumbita” numbers – but remains “all about rhythm…for dancing, for doing exercises, for sweating and just enjoying.”

Our Haute 100 list details the accomplishments of the most influential people in each of our markets. To see the entire Haute 100 Miami list, click here.

connect with haute living National