The Monaco Yacht Show, September 21-24, 2011, offers a tantalizing glimpse of the newest uber-luxe yachts to hit the market for sale and charter. While the Monaco show is always a dazzling spectacle, this year BURGESS, the superyacht leader, will give the show its star power, with a bevy of superlative-boasting boats, – such as HEMISPHERE, the world’s largest sailing catamaran which has never been exhibited before and CAKEWALK, the largest yacht built in the U.S., which is the newer of two megayachts that are tied to be the largest at this year’s show.
Bringing together 500 exhibitors and attracting the world’s wealthiest private clientele, the event prides itself on showcasing the most spectacular yachts available today. With its nearly 40-year history, BURGESS’ will take center stage this year with eight of the show’s most luxurious and talked about superyachts as well as the largest dockside booth featuring a full hospitality area for clients, and a fleet of private tenders and Rolls-Royces to fast-track clients around the show and onto the yachts. According to BURGESS CEO Jonathan Beckett, “A record number of individual buyers are expected at the show this year, and they will be seriously looking to purchase, particularly given the current market conditions.”
Sure to capture everyone’s attention and grab the headlines are these two record-breaking yachts:
WORLD’S LARGEST SAILING CATAMARAN – HEMISPHERE – Completed in July 2011, the brand new HEMISPHERE sets the record as the world’s largest luxury sailing catamaran, with an overall length of 44.2m (145ft) and a gross tonnage of just under 500. BURGESS, together with her builder Pendennis Shipyard, debuts this one-of-a-kind yacht which is part of the BURGESS superyacht charter fleet, sailing the Caribbean this winter and then transiting the Panama Canal into the South Pacific for summer 2012 charters. Charter rates for HEMISPHERE start at EUR €175,000 per week.
LARGEST YACHT BUILT IN THE U.S. – CAKEWALK – At 280.9 feet (85.6m) and 2,998 tons, CAKEWALK is the largest yacht built in the U.S. since J.P. Morgan’s fabled Corsair IV of the 1930s, but eclipses this classic as the biggest ever built in the U.S. when measured by volume. Upon delivery last year, CAKEWALK captured the attention of the superyacht world as one of the most spectacular new yachts to hit the water in 2010 and is now offered for sale for the first time. Price upon application.
BURGESS will also unveil these newly-built yachts that are sure to be showstoppers:
- SPECTACULAR BRAND NEW SUPERYACHT – NUMPTIA – Created by an impressive all Italian team, NUMPTIA echoes timeless elegance from several eras with some deliciously eccentric twists and a unique take on deck spaces. This chic, fully-custom 229.7ft (70.0m) motor yacht was built for an experienced owner who specified an exacting brief, including the yacht’s capability to accommodate his multi-generational family and a design that facilitates exceptional service. Following her inaugural Mediterranean charters in late summer 2011, she is debuting at the show before heading for the Caribbean. Charter rates for NUMPTIA are EUR€525,000 in the high season and EUR €490,000 per week in the low season.
- NEWLY BUILT “FLOATING RESORT” – YOGI – The inspiration for YOGI was to build a boat that would offer all the amenities of a resort property, including a pool, beach club, panoramic al fresco dining room, media and play room, full array of leisure equipment, as well as a wellness center. All of this is in addition to the most luxurious accommodations. Co-exhibited by the shipyard Proteksan Turquoise, YOGI which hit the water for the first time in 2011, is an impressive 197.52ft and accommodates 12 guests in six extremely spacious cabins. Available for charter in the Caribbean this winter with rates of USD$395,000 per week in the high season and USD$ 357,000 per week in the low season.
- LADY TRUDY – An outstanding opportunity to purchase the latest brand-new CRN Navetta 43m (139.8.1ft). Built by an extremely knowledgeable and experienced owner who ensured every detail has been considered, with a light, contemporary interior, based on the style of a Hamptons beach house. Special features include a large drop-down swim platform with stunning enclosed beach club area and gymnasium, and an extended sun deck with touch and go helicopter capability. Asking price for LADY TRUDY is EUR €16,950,000.
- E&E – The recently delivered 42.1m (138.1ft) E&E has been designed for an experienced yachtsman and offers long range cruising possibilities for those looking to explore the world in true style and luxury. In addition to the spacious master suite there are four cleverly designed cabins on the second deck level with access directly to the side decks. Price upon application.
- HELIX – The shipyard Feadship will be exhibiting this newly built FEADSHIP F45 VANTAGE (#5) 44.7m (146.7ft) for which BURGESS has been appointed as joint Central Sales Agents. Her “Nautical Style” interiors feature traditional dark woods, neutral tones for a warm and distinguished ambience. With spacious living areas inside and out, HELIX offers light-filled accommodation for 10 guests. The expansive master stateroom has numerous floor to ceiling windows and exceptional headroom, opening up to a skylight more than 10 ft (3.2m) above. Asking price for HELIX is EUR €33,500,000.
BURGESS will also be exhibiting these incredible superyachts which are available for sale:
- EXCELLENCE III – One of the world’s most admired superyachts, designed by Donald Starkey and crafted by the highly acclaimed German shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen, EXCELLENCE III at 57.3m (188.0ft) enjoys an enviable reputation in yachting circles. Her timeless exterior profile and bold lines give her a striking presence on the water and her interior layout was designed specifically for entertaining at the highest level. Due to her design, EXCELLENCE III is welcomed into many restricted ports, such as St Barth’s and Nantucket, so guests can be at the ‘heart of the action’ if they choose. EXCELLENCE III is available for sale at an asking price USD$55,000,000.
- APRIL FOOL – With a timeless exterior profile, April Fool (61m/200 ft) is an outstanding, award-winning motor yacht built by Feadship in 2006 and has always been a private yacht. She offers opulent accommodation for ten guests, with oak and cherry interiors and a main lounge with full-length windows and double doors leading out to the aft deck. She is available for sale at an asking price of EUR €49 million.
- SUNRISE – Built in 2000 for her current owner, this pedigree 52.8m (173.2ft) yacht has only been in private use. The yacht’s exterior provides spacious comfortable decks with two Jacuzzi spa pools and plentiful areas for lounging and dining while huge, deep windows add brightness to the elegantly-styled interior with limed oak paneling, mirrors and glass for an increased sense of light and space. She is available for sale at an asking price of USD$29,500,000.
- PERSEUS – This impressive 49.8m (163.4 ft) Perini Navi ketch has a restful and inviting yet traditional interior styling with the beautiful rich woods used throughout adding an air of classic elegance. This sailing yacht accommodates up to 10 guests in 4/5 luxurious, well-appointed suites and offers an excellent combination of indoor and outdoor dining and lounge areas to suit every possible occasion. The asking price is EUR€ 14,900,000.
Founded in 1975 with ten international offices, BURGESS is the global superyacht industry leader, uniquely specializing in yachts of over 130-feet. Renowned for its professional yachting services, the company leverages its expertise to guide clients through every aspect of the yachting experience, including sale and purchase, technical consultancy services, charter and operational management. The superyacht credentials of Burgess are unmatched in the industry, ensuring that clients enjoy the highest levels of customer service. More information on Burgess can be found at www.burgessyachts.com.