Throughout the last thirty years, and even into this economic recession, the super wealthy have managed to celebrate in a style that wows us all. The top 5 most expensive parties of the last 20 years are listed as follows:
5. In 2006 the Sultan of Brune threw a party that cost $27 million USD and entertained 10,000 guests.
4. In 2004 Steel tycoon Lakhmi Mittal’s daugher Vanisha Mittal married Amit Bhatia. Their wedding cost $60 million USD and was held at Vaux le Vicomte chateau in France.
3. This year Princess Kate and Prince William tied the knot and spent $70 million USD on 2,000 guests, a wedding gown, and their cake.
2. In 1981 when Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum married Princess Salama it ran them a steep $45 million USD. Today that number would be equal to $100 million.
1. President Obama’s inauguration party in 2009 cost a grand total of $160 million USD.
As you can see, from political gatherings to wedding celebrations – the world’s elite know how to party.