Gotta love this wrister from Cuervo y Sobrinos! I love retrograde complications, and this one, the Historiador Retrogrado, doesn’t disappoint. Day, date lad power reserve are all swinging with retro complications and are designed with very unique apertures. I really wish I could see more from this watchmaker, but maybe less is more after all…
This is a pre-Baselworld preview, so I’m not sure about pricing on this. I do know of a former distributor for CyS (Cuervo y Sobrinos Benelux) that you can contact though, if you have questions about this or other CyS timepieces. I’ve never purchased from them, or anywhere else online, but it might be worthwhile to check them out.
• automatic, CyS 240 calibre movement
• 42-hour power reserve, rotor with CyS logo
• functions include hours, minutes, seconds, day and retrograde date
• 40mm, stainless steel case
• double-curved sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
• water-resistant to 30 meters
• silvered dial with Clous de Paris guilloché decor
• cobalt blue hands
• power reserve at 6 o’clock
• day indicator at 9 o’clock and retrograde date at 3 o’clock
• brown alligator leather with stainless steel buckle
Jason Williams is an independent behind the thesogolonmovement.com. The site was launched to catalog and share what he considers to be the coolest, downtempo timepieces ever brought to market.