Located inside one of the most charming communities in Los Angeles – Larchmont Village – is a soothing getaway, Le Petite Retreat Day Spa. While other patrons in the nearby shops sip on lattes and sift through designer labels, you can soak in a copper tub surrounded by blossoms and chat up your bestie…or enjoy a therapeutic massage with your significant other in a bungalow blessed by monks (9 Tibetan Monks from the Garden Shartse Monastery to be exact!) in this French – Asian island paradise.
Whether you’re a couple of young lovers or a mother-daughter duo, Le Petite Retreat Day Spa should be your first choice destination for couples pampering. While privately owned and offering both indoor and outdoor treatment suites, LPR Day Spa was the first spa in L.A. to offer a massage/facial combo as a same-room couple’s treatment. The available couple’s menu includes an array of indulgences like the Jade Stone Couples Spa Massage, which combines the application of alternating hot and cool Jade stones with an intensely restorative Swedish Deep Tissue Massage; and the Couples Champagne Bath for Two, where two lovers can drink champagne and relax in the Coppertub filled with bubbles.
If you often find it difficult to distinguish the best spa treatment for your body from all the others, here are some pointers taught by LPR Day Spa:
- Swedish Massage using hot stone aids in muscle relaxation and stress release.
- Swedish Massage using cool temperatures reduces inflamed tissue, in addition to cleansing toxins from the lymphatic system; therefore…
- Swedish Massage with a combination of Hot & Cool will soothe both tissue and muscle.
- Shiatsu Massage takes an acupressure method of applying pressure to points of tension by using the knees, elbows, thumbs, and palms of the therapist – best for removing excess tension.
- Thai Massage or Thai Yoga Massage requires the specialist to use feet, legs, knees, and hands to mobilize joints and stretch muscles in a series of yoga-like moves – improves flexibility.
- Vitamin C –Enzyme Facial will infuse pores with anti-oxidants to revive skin cell growth – great for Rosacea.
- Anti-Aging/ Firming Peel can smooth fine lines via Alpha Hydroxy acids – for eye area elasticity strengthening.