Looking to test your inner fitness warrior? Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach’s new “Weekend Warrior” package is the go-to fitness package in Miami. Trust me – I checked it out and found it to be fitness intensive but safe on the body. The biggest perk? Specifically created with those who like to work hard and play hard, the three-day program offers the guidance and supervision of the renowned Canyon Ranch Wellness staff and access to the hotel’s award-winning facilities. The wide range of activities and many opportunities to enjoy the outdoors also will score high with those regularly confined to their desks.
The “Weekend Warrior” package is available as an add-on to hotel guests or for independent purchase by locals (hotel stay not required).
Starting on Thursday night and running through Sunday afternoon on select weekends (dates below), the package is offered at $550 per person and inclusive of meals (9 in total). The schedule of activities is below and more information can also be found atwww.canyonranchmiamibeach.com
|2010 dates||2011 dates|
|December 9-12||January 20-23|
|March 31-April 3|
Weekend Warrior Schedule:
- 6:30 PM- Arrival & Welcome Orientation, followed by dinner
- 7AM- Beach run followed by Yoga (60 min)
- 8 AM- Breakfast
- 9 AM- Kinesis (45 min): This class focuses on integrative movements to challenge the neuromuscular system and improve movement using the unique Kinesis Wall.
- 10 AM- Rockwall Boot Camp & Time Trials Climbing Wall (60 min): One of the most challenging boot camp experiences. Drills for speed, strength, and agility are also included as you take on the rock wall.
- 12 PM- Lunch
- 2 PM- Eating for Energy Lecture (45 min)
- 4 PM- Budokon (90 min): In Japanese, Budokon means “way of the spiritual warrior.” It is a fusion workout that integrates yoga, martial arts and meditation into one holistic approach to fitness.
- 6:30 PM- Dinner
- 7 AM – Beach Run/Walk followed by Meditation (30 min)
- 8 AM – Breakfast
- 10 AM – Ocean Boot Camp (60 min): This class offers the chance to use greater space for all your exercises including running, lunges, squats, and get in the water. Athletic shoes are required.
- 12 PM – Lunch
- 2 PM – Aquatic Boot Camp (45 min)
- 4 PM – Power Yoga: An intense physical yoga practice, which travels through Sun Salutations and flows through postures for those looking for a physically challenging practice.
- 6:30 PM – Dine & Learn: Peak Performance
- 6:30 AM – Beach Run & Time
- 8 AM – Breakfast
- 9 AM – Kinesis (45 min): This class focuses on integrative movements to challenge the neuromuscular system and improve movement using the unique Kinesis Wall.
- 10 AM – Sports Conditioning (60 min): Train like the pros with this class of agility, strength, and power drills using ladders, cones, and hurdles.
- 11:15 AM – Stretch (45 min)
- 12 PM – Lunch and Awards