So we’ve all heard the rumors, and some of us have gotten the invite. Yes, there is a Christian Louboutin sample sale headed to 306 W. 38th St. on the 14th floor. There is something about the thrill of the sample sale hunt that gets all of our adrenaline pumping, I know.
First of all, the sale is invite only and you must RSVP.
Now if you are all set to go, take it from someone who went multiple times to last year’s sale, I have some tips for making it as painless as possible.
1. Get there early. The line is out the door and around the corner. And they won’t let someone else in until one shopper leaves the sale.
2. All the good stuff disappears quickly, so if you can, go on the first day. Also last year, by the end of the last day all the pretty red dust cover bags were gone, along with the replacement heel covers. So you want to get there while all those essentials are still available.
3. Last year there was a dot pricing system. So the amount on the box meant nothing. If you had a blue dot, your shoes were $300, etc.
4. Go elsewhere to figure out what size you are before you head into this sale, to maximize efficiency. While you are trying on an 8.5, someone may have already walked out the door with the size 8s you coveted. Also a shoe insider once told me that Louboutin manufactures their shoes in multiple different places so a size 8 of one style may fit you but in a different style, you may be a different size.
5. Be prepared to dig. Wear comfortable and easily removed shoes.
6. Bring a friend so that waiting in that long line won’t be as boring.
Happy shopping, my fellow shoe lovers!
Oh and one other sale that you might find fun, and this one doesn’t require an invite or RSVP:
The Manolo Blahnik Sample Sale is at the Warwick Hotel, 65 W. 54th St. It’s Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They accept cash only!