Everyone’s favorite dancers from the hit TV show “So You Think You Can Dance” embarked on a cross-country tour in September, and 40 cities later, they’ll be performing the grand finale in Glendale, Ariz., on Nov. 17. Performing numbers that range from fun to dramatic to romantic, the dancers have relied on sponsor hair styling brand göt2b to get them into character. Want bombsehll hair like dancer Lauren Froderman? Celeb stylist Larry Sims for göt2b reveals the secrets.
Dancing their way across America are season 7 contestants Adechike, Ashley, Billy, Jose, Kent, Lauren and Robert, All-Stars Ade, Allison, Courtney, Dominic and Kathryn, and season 6 winner Russell — looking fabulous, too, we might add, thanks to göt2b’s rad products.
Stylist Larry Sims, who’s got some moves of his own, takes us behind the scenes of the “So You Think You Can Dance” tour rehearsals to share how to get Lauren’s look.
1. First, Larry sprayed Lauren’s locks with göt2b guardian angel blow-out lotion before putting her under the dryer. The extra heat protection in the blow-out lotion prevents dull, fried strands.
2. Next, Larry gave Lauren a deep side part and blew her hair out with an oversized round brush, creating a flip at the ends.
3. After her hair was completely dried, Larry spritzed the crown of Lauren’s head with göt2b mega-lift root-boosting spray to give her long-lasting “oomph and volume.” The collagen-infused root-boosting spray adds “fab volume without weighing hair down,” says Larry.
4. Next, Larry curled Lauren’s strands with a large-barrel curling iron, leaving the ends straight to achieve the “perfectly imperfect look.” Larry then recommends using a blow dryer to break-up the curls for a more natural effect.
5. To set the final look, Larry sprayed Lauren’s polished locks with göt2b smooth operator smoothing hairspray. Larry is a huge fan of the hairspray because “it’s infused with real cashmere to tame flyaways and leaves hair with a satiny, touchable hold.”
Voila! Hair that will last even on nights you plan on dancing the night away!