In 2009, the earnings of Arizona CEOs managed to increase from the previous year, despite the national average going in the opposite direction. So as we’re nearing the fourth-quarter final stretch of 2010, let’s see just what kind of figures our top-earning Arizona execs are aiming to best from last year.
In a report published in April on AZcentral.com, a site affiliated with The Arizona Republic, the following CEOs or chairmen of Arizona-based, publicly traded companies came out as the top-earners in 2009 of those earning $2 million or more.
1. $42.3 million, John G. Sperling, Apollo Group
2. $25.7 million, James R. Moffett, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
3. $25.3 million, Richard C. Adkerson, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
4. $7.7 million, Steve Sanghi, Microchip Technology Inc.
5. $6.8 million, Robert J. Gillette, First Solar Inc.
6. $6 million, Richard A. Fennessy, Insight Enterprises Inc.
7. $5.8 million, Robert F. Moran, PetSmart Inc.
8. $5.1 million, James E. O’Connor, Republic Services Inc.
9. $4.4 million, Jonah Shacknai, Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp.
10. $4.2 million, Phillip Francis, PetSmart Inc.
11. $3.9 million, Charles Edelstein, Apollo Group
12. $3.6 million, Keith D. Jackson, ON Semiconductor Corp.
13. $3.5 million, Gregory Cappelli, Apollo Group
14. $2.9 million, Jack E. Brucker, Rural/Metro Corp.
15. $2.8 million, William J. Post, Pinnacle West Capital Corp.
16. $2.8 million, Roy Vallee, Avnet Inc.
17. $2.5 million, Michael J. Ahearn, First Solar Inc.
18. $2.4 million, Donald Brandt, Pinnacle West Capital Corp.
19. $2.3 million, Jeffrey W. Lunsford, Limelights Networks Inc.
20. $2.3 million, Hamish N. Brewer, JDA Software Group Inc.
21. $2 million, Richard L. Federico, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro
For information regarding how The Arizona Republic calculated earnings and tabulated the list, go here.