Normally I’m not one to equate slot machines, blackjack, and blissful relaxing wellness in the same sentence, but Mohegan Sun has found a way. This package is a sure fire way to get the best of both worlds for an ultimate weekend (or weekday) getaway.
Mohegan Sun Wellness Package Details:
- Starting from $135.00 per person per night
- Based on double occupancy
- Plush hotel accommodations
- Your choice of a 50-minute Swedish massage or facial at Elemis Spa (over 22,000 sqaure foot facility)
- Breakfast for two at Todd English’s Tuscany
- Mention code PTWEL when booking
To check out this hotspot we’ve been hearing so much about, I took a trip and have some great insider tips…
Mohegan Sun Haute Highlights
- A VIP Check-in that involves champagne is always a plus.
- Though not part of the wellness package, a must add-on is dinner at Bobby Flay’s Bar Americana. Haute picks include New England Clam and Sweet Potato Chowder, Duck with dirty wild rice, pecans and bourbon and the Cauliflower & Goat Cheese Gratin. The experience brings the definition of food coma to a new level.
- Ask for Chef Shaun Houle at Todd English’s Tuscany Restaurant. After enjoying your wellness package breakfast come right back to enjoy his tantalizing bites for lunch or dinner. Foodies will skip the lunch buffet and order a la carte. The impeccable service, under the direction of F & B Operations Manager Stephanie M. Speziali will woo you beyond belief. Have each course paired with wine (as this hotspot won 2006, 2007 & 2008 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence) and settle in for a food extravaganza you will never forget.
Chapman’s Chopping Block
- If you are driving don’t try to leave NYC between the hours of 4pm and 9pm. It’s an instant migraine. Trains are available and if you call ahead a car service will pick you up from Mohegan Sun. If you must drive leave in the morning or early afternoon.
- First impression of Mohegan Sun is a giant mall, where Chico’s, Tiffany & Co., and The Sharper Image, snuggle next to one another near the lights and cha-ching of slot machines. However, allowing the jaded NYC vibe to subside, there are some amazing gems that make this a most worthwhile trip. The key idea is to explore, have fun, and eat.
Mohegan Sun is located at 1 Mohegan Sun Blvd. Uncasville, CT 1.888.226.7711