There is something to be said about crafting a narrow oasis of art, food and intelligent comfort in the East 60s. That word just might be… bravissimo.
With an art collection that might even raise a MoMA’s eyebrow, gold crown molding your grandmother would adore, and walls in the paint chip shade of American Blue, enter Pop Art Bar and Restaurant. A transcendental time warp similar to the sensation of floating on a cloud with fine cuisine.
- Emotional element. When a restaurant is fueled by passion it clearly translates to the food. You can feel the energy in the dishes, as if the chef has infused their emotion while preparing the ingredients. When you take the first bite at Pop Art Bar you are hit by a wave of creative positivity.
- Napkins folded in the shape on an envelope. Who doesn’t love mail?
- Fettuccini Smoked Salmon Entree – What do you get when you combine Salmon roe, Sevruga caviar and orange Chardonnay sauce? A plate of blissful deliciousness.
Chapman’s Chopping Block
- Though I love the Marilyn Monroe, Marilyn Manson staring down at me while I wine and dine just doesn’t do it for me.
- Insiders know to ask for Nahid de Camillis, owner and chef , for a private commentary on the artwork and tour of the kitchen.
Pop Art and Restaurant is located at 345 East 62nd Street New York, NY 212.308.0900