Countdown to the Emmys: Getting Haute and Taut, Part 1

Previous PostHaute Secrets Los Angeles: Betsy Russell
Next PostJoe Trabeccone Presents Stunning $5,995,000 Utah Estate

One could say that this workout is not solely for the Emmys; it’s for just about any countdown you’ve got on your calendar. A reunion, a wedding – or even the first time in a long while you’re going to see your ex and you want to look the best ever (achieving in making said former love interest jealous).

Pilates Plus (in various locations around town but I opted for West Hollywood 80% of the time and Venice the remaining 20%) could help you achieve that optimum haute bod in a short period of time.

Now I’m not saying you’ll get totally toned and awesome in two weeks – but it is a good jumping off point. Look, there’s got to be some reason why stars like Brooke Burke, Jeremy “Ari Gold” Piven and Jen Aniston have traipsed over Pilates Plus at some point in their toned lives. Pilates Plus is a combination of both weight training and Pilates, combining the best of both worlds: The strengthening and toning benefits of weight training, and the lengthening and postural enhancing benefits of Pilates in a circuit training sequence to keep the heart rate up and burn extra calories. It’s kinda boot campish and strength training combined. They also incorporate such old school exercises as push up and lunges (yuck) using the support of the Pro Former to eliminate the pressure on the joints and the spine. Needless to say, you will sweat but after a couple of weeks you’ll see a difference…if you’re committed…even for the early morning class.

As always, recommendations are key, so just fyi: My favorite Pilates Plus Pusher? Leslie Karpman – who can found at the Melrose/West Hollywood, Silverlake and the Bev Hills locations.

Melrose/West Hollywood location:

connect with haute living National