One of Las Vegas’ biggest epicurean events is about to unfold. Vegas Uncork’d takes place May 6-9 in Las Vegas over Mother’s Day weekend. The four-day culinary and wine fete features new events, new chefs and a diverse and richly enhanced program with the ultimate who’s who in the food world, celebrating the status of Las Vegas as an international gastronomic destination.
This year feature more than 30 events blending the worlds of food, gaming and entertainment in the distinct way that makes Las Vegas so memorable. The restaurants and chefs from this event host events. Look for chefs from the Bellagio, Caesars Palace, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Wynn and Encore. Joining the lineup for the first time this year are the Venetian and the Palazzo. The event’s charitable partner is the Three Square Food Bank, which is dedicated to providing wholesome food to hungry people while passionately pursuing a hunger-free community.
Some of the highlight this year include:
• Culinary Conversation with Chef Wolfgang Puck — New to the program this year, Bon Appetite Editor-in-Chief Barbara Fairchild holds a tet-a-tet at Bellagio’s Fontana Lounge with Wolfgang Puck, the icon who created the world of the celebrity chef. Together, they trace the growth of Las Vegas as an international gastronomic destination.
• Masters’ Series Dinners — This event will be hosted at Caesars Palace with Bobby Flay at Mesa Grill, Bradley Ogden at Bradley Ogden, Restaurant Guy Savoy with Guy Savoy and Rao’s with Carla Pellegrino.
• Masters’ Series Luncheons — Brand new to the line up this year are luncheons at the Venetian and the Palazzo with Wolfgang Puck at CUT, David Burke with David Burke, Restaurant Charlie with Charlie Trotter and Piero Selvaggio’s Valentino with Luciano Pellegrini and Piero Selvaggio.
• Ultimate All-Star Interactive Luncheon — Step into the kitchen and play sous-chef to an all-star lineup of Wynn and Encore chefs at this incredible interactive luncheon with Paul Bartolotta, Frédéric Robert, Alex Stratta and David Walzog.
• Grand Tasting at Caesars Palace — A delectable evening featuring 50 restaurants and 50 vintners at the five-acre Garden of the Gods pool complex at Caesars Palace.
• Better by the Bay with Alain Ducasse and Charlie Palmer — Dine under the stars with a beachside barbecue at Mandalay Bay’s 11-acre tropical water environment and 1.6 million gallon wave pool. Enjoy an East Coast-inspired menu from Charlie Palmer and tastes from coastal France created by Alain Ducasse. Beach attire required.
• Chef’s Table with Alain Ducasse — New to the event lineup this year is a seat at the table with Chef Alain Ducasse, considered to be one of the most renowned French chefs of his generation, at miX, high atop The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. For the first time ever, a small group of Vegas Uncork’d guests will join him as he conducts his seasonal menu changes.
• Fashion Feast: A Delicious Evening of Style and Taste at Bellagio — Haute cuisine meets savory couture — intricate details, impeccable lines and quality down to the last accessory on and off the plate. This event will deliver front-row access to the most celebrated Bellagio chefs and the hottest Via Bellagio designers while you indulge in a delectable five-course dinner accompanied by wine pairings selected by Bellagio’s Wine Director and Master Sommelier Jason Smith.
• Celebrity Chef Blackjack — Try your luck poolside at Encore with icons of the culinary world such as Bobby Flay, Charlie Palmer, Joël Robuchon, Alex Stratta, Kim Canteenwalla and Carlos Guia. Afterward, the excitement continues at XS nightclub.
• Wine Immersion Experience at Bellagio — Want to know what the numbers really mean? Gain a better understanding of wine scores and ratings at a behind-the-scenes panel discussion hosted by Bellagio’s Wine Director and Master Sommelier Jason Smith at Jasmine.
• Payard Patisserie and Bistro Tea & Dessert Demonstration at Caesars Palace — Celebrate Mother’s Day weekend with a unique and scrumptious glimpse into the technique of this celebrated chef and his classic Parisian pastry shop.
• Culinary Theatre: Two Master Chefs Collide — Rick Moonen of rm Seafood Cafe and Hubert Keller of Fleur de Lys and Burger Bar have mastered the art of entertainment — both in the kitchen and on the stage. As they prepare their favorite signature dishes and dish about each other, you’ll enjoy their delicious creations with a side of comedy and a cocktail or two.
• Mother’s Day Brunch at L’Atelier at MGM Grand — Join Barbara Fairchild and Chef Joël Robuchon for an unforgettable celebration of mom on her special day.
To purchase tickets and to see more information about this year’s event lineup, visit www.VegasUncorked.com.