The culinary world awaited as the James Beard Foundation announced the finalists for their coveted awards yesterday and several restaurants from our beloved San Francisco area are among those chosen.
Local celebrity chefs like Gary Danko, Charles Phan, Nancy Oakes, and Michael Mina have made this exclusive list by providing the city with incredible and innovative eateries.
Best New Restaurant Award
- Flour + Water
Outstanding Chef Award
- Charles Phan with The Slanted Door
- Gary Danko with Restaurant Gary Danko
Outstanding Pastry Chef Award
- Nicole Plue with Redd in Yountville
Outstanding Restaurant Award
Outstanding Restaurateur Award
- Pat Kuleto (Boulevard, Epic, Farallon, Jardinière, Martini House, Nick’s Cove & Cottages, and Waterbar)
Outstanding Service Award
- Michael Mina
Outstanding Wine and Spirits Professional Award
- John Shafer and Doug Shafer with Shafer Vineyards
Outstanding Wine Service Award
- Restaurant Gary Danko
Rising Star Chef of the Year Award
- Timothy Hollingsworth with The French Laundry
Best Chef: Pacific
- Michael Tusk with Quince
- Jeremy Fox with Ubuntu in Napa, CA
In fact, San Francisco’s culinary connoisseurs are throughout various categories. These masters of aroma and taste are sure to garner several of these prestigious awards, demonstrating the exquisiteness of San Fran’s dining scene.
The finalists for these awards are the elite of the culinary realm and we will have to wait until May 2, 2010 for the final results.