Phillips de Pury
First founded in London in 1796 by Harry Phillips, the Phillips de Pury & Company has been setting the pace since it’s inception. To win business early on, the company hosted elaborate receptions before auctions, which is a tradition and simply mandatory practice in the auction process today. Once the go-to for art collectors Napoleon, Marie Antoinette and Beau Brummel, and later owned by Bernard Arnault, chairman of LVMH, in 1999, the company has aligned itself throughout the years with luxury. Currently owned by Mercury Group, the luxury retail company, Phillips de Pury offers consistent quality of auctions and art exhibitions across the globe, including London, New York, Geneva, Berlin, Brussels, and Milan.
Phillips de Pury & Company is located at 450 West 15th St., New York, NY