When it comes to luxury travel, there are several elite names that stand out in the circle of haute hospitality. One of our favorites is, of course, Capella Hotels and Resorts. With an emphasis on extraordinary architecture, Capella’s inventory of properties span the range of design styles from historic castles to colonial estates to elegant mountain lodges, leaving little doubt that the brand is successfully breaking the mold in luxury hotel accommodations.
But naturally it takes more than just grand architecture to impress our haute travelers and Capella meets our demands for over-the-top service, amenities, and attention. Whether trekking through European destinations in Austria, Germany, or a new addition coming to Ireland in the summer of 2010, or choosing to stay in the Americas in Mexico or Telluride, Colorado, Capella aims to impress the world’s most discriminating jetsetters.
If holiday plans include travels away from your luxury home, here are a few Capella property features worth considering:
- Schloss Velden in Velden Austria received two stars from Michelin Guide Austria under the direction of Chef Silvio Nickol, among several other culinary accolades
- Capella Ixtapa in Mexico recently opened 59 suites ranging from 1,000 to 1,500-square-feet with each featuring private plunge pool as well as the property’s private beach
- Capella Telluride opened earlier this year to the delight of ski enthusiasts and is the first American property for the luxury brand
- Capella Singapore also opened in 2009 on 30 acres complemented by world-class golf courses and beaches juxtaposed to the bustling business district
- Capella Pedregal is situated on 24 mountaintop acres and offers guests and residents access to the Capella Pedregal Yacht Club as well as views of the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cortez
Stayed tuned for more Capella news, as the company has extensive worldwide expansion plans, with five more properties on the drawing boards.