After earning the Forbes five-star and AAA five-diamond ratings in less than a year open, The Spa at Pelican Hill is launching a new three-day, three-night Balanced Wellness Program in partnership with Ashley Borden, fitness expert and author, beginning December 8-11, 2009.
“What we are creating is an intensive experience that will act as a cornerstone for guests to kick off true transformation in their bodies, minds and lives,” says Borden, whose clients have included Natasha Bedingfield, Christina Aguilera, Ryan Gosling and Mandy Moore.
The destination package begins at $2,800 per person and includes a spacious bungalow guestroom, all meals, spa treatments and activities-creating an unparalleled, retreat-like experience on 504 peaceful acres of the Newport Coast.
“The educational and motivational programs will be offered monthly, with key focuses on improved health, fitness, nutrition and intention-filled spa treatments for personal growth and overall balanced wellness for true spa aficionados,” explains the Resort’s Spa Director Kasia Mays.
A sample schedule for the first program includes:
* Welcome reception under the Rotunda led by Mays and Borden with the Resort’s artist-in-residence to paint the Canvas of Intention
* Guided fitness “Rolling Out 101” class led by Borden
* Intention-inspired spa treatments for deep therapy
* Sun Salutation class by the Coliseum Pool
* Crystal Cove State Park guided fitness walk
* “Stretch, Fire and Focus” class led by Borden focusing on posture and reversing the effects of gravity
* Interactive nutritional talk led by Borden with a take-home copy of her new YOUR PERFECT FIT book, which includes her well-known SOS Food Plan
* Healthy cooking demonstration led by Executive Chef Jean-Pierre Dubray
The new Balanced Wellness Program will focus on three key elements for the year-long program: body, mind, and spirit. Classes will range from 15-20 guests in a nurturing group atmosphere, and the experience will help guests to make lasting lifestyle changes by listening to the body and instilling healthier habits of living for optimal inner contentment and well-being. From motivational sessions, to exercise and cooking demonstrations, guests can explore their own personal potential, learn practical life improvements, develop a new philosophy of health and fitness, and a create a permanent course for a more positive and balanced life. The Balanced Wellness Program is also available in monthly program packages. Villa upgrades are also available. For reservations and additional information, please call 800-820-6800.
2010 Retreat Dates:
January 12-15, 2010
February 16-19, 2010
March 16-19, 2010
April 20-23, 2010