For almost fifty years, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts around the world have been a special part of the festive season for travelers and locals. Whether it’s dropping by for a glass of bubbly or settling in for a week of memorable fun, guests continue to return year after year seeking both the lively celebrations and simple touches that make a holiday with Four Seasons unforgettable. This year, Four Seasons is pleased to welcome guests with both new experiences and long-standing traditions and from complimentary presents for children, to new added-value packages, to Michelin-star New Year’s dinners, these ten world-wide experiences are not to be missed. Whatever your destination, these hotels will deliver.
1. Prague: End 2009 with the meal of a lifetime at Prague’s first Michelin Star restaurant Allegro at Four Seasons Hotel Prague. Reserve a spot at the Sparkling White Night to taste a menu prepared by Executive Chef Andre Accordi. The party then moves to the grand ballroom where patrons join the Velvet Eve celebration to enjoy a midnight champagne toast and dancing until dawn.
2. Mumbai: The festive season greeting cards from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai are more than just a vehicle for holiday wishes, they also directly connect Hotel guests and partners to the beneficiaries of its charitable endeavors. Through an ongoing partnership with The Vatsalya Foundation, a charity devoted to helping impoverished children of Mumbai, the Hotel hosts an annual drawing contest for children of the foundation with the winning masterpiece adorning the year’s cards. Recipients inspired to support the partnership can either donate directly or purchase one of the many books about Mumbai featured in the Hotel’s gift shop, as all proceeds directly support Vatsalya programs.
3. Bora Bora: Embark on an adventure that includes canoe races and Santa’s arrival by Jet Ski at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora. Activities such as a teen-only foam dance party, movie-night on the beach with s’mores, and specially crafted tapas dinners abound to keep those young and young-at-heart busy. The Festive Value Package offers a fifth night complimentary with every four booked, daily breakfast and Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve dinner for two adults and two children.
4. Santa Barbara: The Four Seasons Resort at The Biltmore, Santa Barbara is inviting guests to spend the holidays under the California sunshine several packages that extend either complimentary nights or significant resort credits. In addition, the Resort provides romantic “sleigh rides” in a horse-drawn carriage along Butterfly Beach (hot toddies and hot chocolates included), complimentary cookie baking with Mrs. Claus and even story-time with Santa featuring cookies and milk.
5. Hampshire: At Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire festivities begin with “Mocktails and Manicures” and gingerbread baking for teens and children, and then continue with Christmas Eve caroling in the Manor House before midnight mass. Upon return, adults can sip mulled wine while children open stockings left by Santa’s helpers. Families staying through the New Year can join the traditional “Sandhurst Meet,” one of the oldest pre-hunt gatherings in the country. Riders adorned in tailcoats atop well-groomed steeds follow the hounds as they chase a man-made fox scent trail across the hotel’s expansive grounds.
6. Doha: Guests at Four Seasons Hotel Doha can book a table to enjoy “Musical Moments” at the hotel’s Il Teatro restaurant. Embracing its name, these twice-a-month dinners become a stage for accomplished musicians, who ignite the air with both original compositions and the works of master composers. A special menu is created for each, offering tastes of the best of Italy including fresh baked breads and classic seafood dishes.
7. Chicago: A stop into the lobby of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago offers the chance to nosh on a long-standing Windy City holiday tradition: roasted chestnuts. For those who wish to linger longer, the complimentary snack pairs perfectly with Seasons Bar’s Jack Frost Martini and Ebenezer Eggnog.
8. Hong Kong: Gold, frankincense, myrrh and diamonds are not just gifts for kings. This season Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong is using these precious elements to help spa-goers prepare for the party season. A suite of holiday-themed treatments is available until the end of January and include: Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh Spa Ritual, Diamond Luxury Lift Facial, and Festive Finishing Touches manicures and pedicures. The Hotel is also offering a holiday “Sparty” (Spa+Party) that includes a day of treatments and lunch with Champagne to be enjoyed with friends and family.
9. Milan: The culinary staff of Four Seasons Hotel Milan will whip up an antipasto, first and second courses and dessert and have it all packed and ready to be eaten on Christmas Eve. Dish choices are plentiful and include Mediterranean lobster salad with white melon and thyme-roasted Sardinian lamb.
10. Austin: This December, TRIO at Four Seasons Hotel Austin will entice guests with a special holiday menu available all month long. Offering mouth-watering choices that echo tastes typically found in traditional holiday meals, guests can dine on dishes such as roasted pheasant, prime-rib and salmon. And at just $39.00 per person, it allows for merry making over gourmet meals all season long.