People collect just about anything these days. From matchbooks and post cards to bone china teacups and to Star Wars action figurines – just about anything’s fair game. When money’s no object, some people even collect luxurious pens. Many feel that these gold dipped, diamond encrusted pens are more than just writing tools, but also works of art. So if you’re looking for top notch pens and don’t know where to begin, try this top ten list of the world’s most expensive pens.
1. The Limited Edition Mystery Masterpiece pen, a joint creation between Mont Blanc and Van Cleef & Arpels, is the most expensive writing pen ever created at $730,000! Each pen has 840 diamonds and more than 20 carats of gemstones.
2. La Modernista Diamonds, made by the Swiss company Caran d’Ache sold in Harrods, London, goes for $265,000.
3. Visconti Ripple H.R.H. Limited Edition fountain pen, made of 18K white gold and diamonds is sold at $57,000.
4. Grayson Tighe Limited Edition fountain and rollerball pens are sold for $24,000.00.
5. OMAS Limited Edition Pens are sold at the price of $16,500 and are a celebration of Greek art.
6. David Oscarson Pierrot White Pen goes for $4,900.
7. La Dona Menagerie Fountain Pen handcrafted by Cartier Pens are sold for about $4,000.
8. Dupont New York Fifth Avenue Pen hand-made by S. T. Dupont requires around 160 hours of pristine supervision, which results in a price tag of $2,400.
9. Graf von Faber-Castell Pen costs $2,000.
10. Conway Stewart Westminster Teal Pen has a price of $1,800.